Author: Melissa Gorzelanczyk
Pages: 256 pages
Published: January 26th, 2016
Source: Delacorte Press
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Drama
A modern cupid story set in present-day Wisconsin combining the fantastical elements of Greek mythology with the contemporary drama of MTV's Teen Mom.I'm so excited to introduce Melissa Gorzelanczyk's book, Arrows. I think I've read the synopsis enough times to convince myself that I need to download this book right now on my Kindle. Alone on Valentine's Day? Need some romance to spice things up? Melissa's novel will do just the trick! Hosted by the awesome Tika (this girl can do anything!) @ Fangirl Confessions, she did such a great job at organizing and planning everything. She also let me have the chance to interview the author in a fire round of Q&A questions. Now, I don't normally do blog tours anymore just because I don't have the time but the book sounded fantastic! Trust me guys, you're going to love these questions!
People don’t understand love. If they did, they’d get why dance prodigy Karma Clark just can’t say goodbye to her boyfriend, Danny. No matter what he says or does or how he hurts her, she can’t stay angry with him . . . and can’t stop loving him. But there’s a reason why Karma is helpless to break things off: she’s been shot with a love arrow.
Aaryn, son of Cupid, was supposed to shoot both Karma and Danny but found out too late that the other arrow in his pack was useless. And with that, Karma’s life changed forever. One pregnancy confirmed. One ballet scholarship lost. And dream after dream tossed to the wind.
A clueless Karma doesn’t know that her toxic relationship is Aaryn’s fault . . . but he’s going to get a chance to make things right. He’s here to convince Danny to man up and be there for Karma. But what if this god from Mount Olympus finds himself falling in love with a beautiful dancer from Wisconsin who can never love him in return?
Pre-order it now!
1. You've just spilled your drink on the yummy-looking bartender. Do you brush it off as an accident or come out of your comfort zone and explain your true intentions?
Haha, well being that I'm married, I'm going to have to tell this poor soul the truth--I'm a klutz! Though I do have some cute, single friends.
2. Your ex calls wondering what you're doing on Valentine's Day. Do you lie and tell him you're getting ready for a hot date and can't talk or tell him the truth (that you're sitting on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother and eating ice cream)?
Truthfully, I'll probably be getting ready for a hot date with my husband that involves finally watching the last season of Mad Men.
3. Your idea of the perfect date: Snogging at a loud concert or enjoying a peaceful moonlit dinner on the balcony of a quiet restaurant?
I would take both--first the dinner, then the concert. (One of the last concerts I saw with my sweetie was Motherfolk. They were AWESOME.)
4. Best way to get asked out: Do you prefer that he surprises you with a horse and carriage when you're shopping at Walmart or that he serenades you in the middle of your U.S. History class?
Just be straight with me. If you like me, say so. (Well, in my dating days.)
5. Broken hearts or broken bones?
Hearts! I survived those just fine.
6. Your significant other tells you that he doesn't have any plans but you find him cuddling at your favorite restaurant with another girl. Do you throw water in his face or dunk his head in the food?
I think this is the point where I throw that drink at the hot bartender. :)
Thank you so so so much Melissa for joining me in this round of questions! I can't wait for the book to be released and for people to have the chance to win it! Don't forget to check out the giveaway don't below for your chance to win Melissa's novel and some cool swag!
Melissa Gorzelanczyk is a former magazine editor and columnist who loves strong coffee, live music, and arrow jewelry. She lives in Green Bay, Wisconsin, with her husband and two teenage children, one of who is named after a Greek goddess.
Learn more about Melissa!
Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook