Happy New Year! It's New Year's here so sorry if I'm a bit late or early in your timezone. Anyways, it's a new year and there so much to reflect on and even more to look forward to. I want to look at some old blog designs and at some of the accomplishments I achieved this year. Link any New Year's post down below!
In 2014, I was a baby blogger. I had a simple concept of what I wanted to do with my blog but never imagined I'd make it far and meet as many friends as I have. I gave my design idea to Livia @ Butterfly-o-meter Designs, and she completely blew my mind with this first design. It was freaking adorable and a perfect fit for me but we all need a little change sometimes, which leads me into the next design phase.
What I Accomplished
- Started a Youtube channel with 279 subscribers!*
- Changed my blog design (4x over lmfao)
- Reached 187 on GFC and 184 on Bloglovin
- Reached 400 Twitter Followers
- Reached 2,256 on Instagram
- Read 85 books and liked a lot of them
- Finished and analyzed The Odyssey!
- Went to the Strand Bookstore in Manhattan
- Got a job :D
* Starting my Youtube channel was one of the most bittersweet and amazing experiences of this year. I will never forget putting this into action and being brave enough to just shut down my self consciousness for once and sit in front of a camera. I will never forget all the people I've met through Youtube and how happy making videos make me feel!
What I Hope to Accomplish
- Host blogger collabs (already one in the making and if you'd like to participate, shoot me an email :D)
- YOUTUBE VIDEO COLLABS
- Read 120 books
- Get the Canon EOS Rebel t5i
- Get new bookshelves
- Meet even more friends, authors, bloggers, Youtubers, people on twitter, book-lovers in general!
- Read more contemporary and historical fiction
- Post on my channel 2x a week and on my blog
- BUY MORE BOOKS
This year wouldn't have been possible without you book-lovers. There isn't enough time in the world for me to thank you and just sit down and talk to some of you about how you've always made my day. 2016 is going to be a great year! I can already feel it inside my bones and for any of you that are hesitant about entering the new year just remember, YOUR FUTURE IS UNLIMITED (bonus points for anyone who knows where that line is from)! I love you all and thanks for joining me in 2014 and '15. I will also give a great big hug to any newcomers who join in 2016! Goodbye for now and can't wait to start of the New Year with my bookish awards of 2015. Stay tuned!